Wednesday 28 July 2004

guerilla bookbinding

I'm going to be offering a one day course at Spike Island printmakers here in Bristol and i'm calling it "Guerilla Bookbinding"



"Fast, cheap and out of control. Guerilla bookbinding dispenses with complex tools and equipment and concentrates instead on a few basic binding structures that will turn printed matter into books...fast."



is what it will say on the brochure. I had the basic lesson plans cooked up a couple of years ago, but I went ahead and produced an evening class that sort of fell between two stools: it was too long and too short for the things I wanted to teach. I'm very pleased to have the opportunity to do this sort of course, which I think will be much more fun. I plan to run my students ragged chopping out fast, nifty little books.



I still need to square up some logistics with regard to materials, but a big thumbs up to Spike for giving me the go-ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment