Thursday 5 August 2004

film

I went great guns on the film yesterday and the day before, with the result that I just shot the last couple of seconds' footage today. And it really, really pleases me how it's turned out. I've just mashed it out and it's the way it should be. Yay!



I still have to edit the last few seconds of the film, which is called Personal Effects but I have made so bold as to write the blurb already:



We all know that misplacing personal items leads inevitably to madness and doom. Items such as keys, wallets, and insignificant-seeming scraps of paper exercise a mysterious, yet profoundly positive influence on our lives, meaning their loss is met with instant apoplexy and the falling-out of the unfortunate owner’s hair. One such unfortunate (we’ll call him Andrew) has lost something-or-other in Personal Effects. In this subject, the loss leads to anxiety, mania, and final existential collapse.

A chilling portrait of a soul in torment, the film is fully furnished with ludicrous expressions of anguish, fatuous hurtling and a spookily-unresolved climax.



I'm having fun. Maybe I should make films?



No comments:

Post a Comment