Tuesday 11 January 2005

Voodoo...and Farnsworth.

Send the day futzing with VoodooPad and putting together a visual database of artists books and writing notes for things ranging from Doug Aitken's "Electric Earth", to Tony Meeuwissen's "Key to the Kingdom" deck of transformation cards. Projected work over the next couple of days, apart from the library, includes putting together the first few sketches for the ale and porter show.



I just heard that I will be paid, albeit nominally, for the piece about Spike Island Printmakers. It's great just on principle to be paid for one's work, even if it's just a peppercorn. It's not merely a question of vanity, nor indeed of the money itself, though Lord knows I've got to keep my belly from rumblin'. More importantly is the way it helps me take myself seriously as an artist and writer, and helps me envisage things all the more professionally.



I've also uploaded Farnsworth to Flickr, preparatory to invoking the mighty engines of CaféPress to produce some Farnsworth-based daftness.



No comments:

Post a Comment