Saturday 4 December 2004

Head and Shoulders

More fun at Bradford on Avon...



I visited Ale and Porter in Bradford on Avon on Friday to pick up
some copies of the Art Dictionary book I illustrated for Piers Bizony.
So now I have a small batch of them to take around to likely outlets.
I'll produce some sort of handout explaining the what and whys as well
as some contact details and get out there with them. I should be taking
some up to Edinburgh, and with any luck, get some orders from it.



Also spoke with Fiona about "Head and Shoulders", a portrait show.
I'll be doing some wall drawings and a short residency sitting people
for quick portraits, as well as producing a few pictures to sell. I'm a
bit concerned that this work takes me away from my research projects
somewhat, so I'm going to draft a bit of brainstorming that will show
me how to bring the things together.  I anticipate some sort of book
recording events with a somewhat deeper view, or some kind of idea
overlay, will be the result.



Update: Shrigley does funny drawings, but does something worthwhile
with them, too. I think I'll nominate him as a mental mascot.



No comments:

Post a Comment