Tuesday 1 March 2005

the morning and the evening 3




the morning and the evening 3, originally uploaded by aesop.


A picture from my series "the morning and the evening". I've been considering what text to use/write with this, and something from themes of navigation, mapping, etc, seem appropriate. Those coloured squares are going to act as bullet-point anchors for a text that will spread across the accordion-folds of the book (this single long image will comprise 8 large pages). The text, hopefully, forming a trace of a constellation: I plan to move the "bullets" so that they come to resemble one or other of the constellations. It seems I have enough for the "Big Dipper" part of Ursa Major with one to spare. I could use that to set up Polaris, if there's space- it would fit the theme of travel and navigation I'm exploring here. Any other long, thin, 8-starred consellations spring to mind?

Texts considered so far as sources/inspiration include bits from:

this one, with its more modern references

and

and this one, about Lewis and Clark.





No comments:

Post a Comment