Sunday 20 March 2005

The Wayward Mind: An Intimate History of the Unconscious

Link:
Amazon.co.uk: Books: The Wayward Mind: An Intimate History of the Unconscious
.



I've had this new reading recommended to me by my PhD supervisor. First impressions are that it corrals together a lot of points that I've touched on before, but also points them in a significant direction: if I'm about producing a heuristic, rather than historical description of the process of making artists' books, and this points to a way that I can say: this is an example of modelling mind with a medium; this is a case where an opportunity is exploited to produce an array that hangs, like a sort of poetic kenning, in a state of keatsian "negative capability"...etc...then it's good.

I've been reading and mindmapping. I'm going to produce a short statement about it that might prove to be a sort of statement of intent/ boundary of significance that will allow me to really begin work on a body of research.



No comments:

Post a Comment