Tuesday 28 June 2005

A Fortune at Sea




A Fortune at Sea, originally uploaded by aesop.


Today's work is stuff relating to the ongoing project I'm doing with Maddy. At the moment I'm calling the project "A fortune at sea", partly because of the projects' themes of transatlantic trade between us artists and the ways in which the themes and atmosphere of the work are making me think of The Merchant of Venice, though we're still working out what the work is actually about.

These drawings and figures would inform transparent sheets that would overlay the main drawings of boats and ports and waves.

Other work today has seen me hacking a couple of notes together for my presentation next Wednesday, and some reeling from the mental shock that someone has taken me at my word about producing a paper for a conference on artists' books. I must figure out my true state of affairs about this. Can I do it? Will college help me to do it? How will I get there? Etc...





No comments:

Post a Comment