Monday 18 July 2005

Phantom Work

Today has been one of those days occupied by turning around in various directions wondering what task to take on. Thus it was I found myself reading all about phantom limbs and bits of neurology and cognitive science (Ramachandran's Phantoms in the Brain, a bit of a sidetrack that has come out of my recent reading on imagination and the unconscious. I feel that I've probably come a bit too far away from my central reading at this point, though Draaisma's Metaphors of Memory has been a really excellent, highly recommended read with material on the epistemology of representations as they impinge on the phenomenalism of the senses. And how these representations are modified by their media and the metaphors that grow up around them. But it's time to get back to artists' books- so Tuesday will see me getting back to Artists' Books: A Critical Anthology and Sourcebook. There are already some notes I want to draft about Ulysses Carion's use of "intention" in his writing, so I'll be posting about the book shortly.



No comments:

Post a Comment