Thursday 30 September 2004

reading group

As part of my induction to things at UWE I have to attend a course in methodology which I'm basically gatecrashing into, with a number of well-settled students studying at various levels. I haven't settled into it at all yet, and spent all my time wondering about how I would square the neccessary attendance with my personal timetable (I can't attend on Thursdays, which is when a number of things I would find personally useful are scheduled). However, some interesting things are emerging, including an idea to form reading groups that will help us to review interesting texts together and possibly help us to find things we wouldn't otherwise countenence looking at. As one of the other students said "sometimes it's nice to have someone explain it to you" as well. The idea is to produce a "rich mental compost". I think the combination of eclecticism and the chance to discuss it with peers in related disciplines will be fun.



With that in mind I'm going to use this post as a repository of possible writings I might bring along, editing the post to include more as I think of them.


WS Graham
Johann Joachim Quantz's Five Lessons
A Found Picture



Two poems about art and the production of art by the artist.



No comments:

Post a Comment