Wednesday 16 February 2005

tying stuff up

Tonight I’m hoping to get the drawing done for the last bit of work for the Head & Shoulders show. A variation on the Elizabethan Motorcylist, I’m going to do a full-length portrait on a black background of a figure and a Triumph motorbike. I’m not sure what all this stuff is about, but the technical exercise is good fun, and it appeals to my sense of heraldic design. (I’ve always been a bit keen on such stuff).





Also hoping to post a few pictures of the work done and in progress to Flickr and blog them up here.





How does this work relate to my other work in books? Does it relate at all.





Yes.





How?





I don’t know. But I like the sense I get of the hand-work feeding back into what has been by-and-large digital practice for me. Something to tear me away from the photos and the screen a bit. I’m not drawing from life though, which is substantially different in terms of looking and preparation, even in the daring it takes to look and set something up. A sort of visual reportage.













No comments:

Post a Comment