Wednesday 10 November 2004

Books!


mary red cathedral pictures - 03
Originally uploaded by aesop.


My recent meeting with Sarah and Iain has resulted in a resolution that I am going to have to go out and encounter many more artists books, and generate a proper critical relationship with them as they apply to the work of of other practitioners. I've been, it must be said, in a kind of pressure cooker of my own practice and it's going to be a good thing to get some other people's viewpoints on the matters at hand. To that end, I'm going to be going to the Put About symposium at Tate Modern, and going to the London Artists' Books fair at the ICA to fill up a notepad with my impressions of and critical reactions to other people's work. Also, feeling disoriented from hearing about other people's projects and methodologies. I find that I'm not really developing a methodology as yet because I'm still trying to form a coherent goal. It's feeling sort of tough.



No comments:

Post a Comment