Monday 4 October 2004

At Whistling Copse

Dscf0145
I've had a good day's working on my ongoing Whistling Copse project, producing several hundred photos, ( from which a sample are here) which I hope will make their way into the work at some point. I'm extremely tired though, not being used to so much fresh air and trudging about in wellies!



I've been lucky enough to get a lift up to Whistling Copse itself
today and get to have a look around the woods and take pictures.



I must also confess a slight sense of guilt at not spending the day
doing something less immediately fun in the library, but as I said to
myself, in order to have an artistic practice, I need to actually do
some artwork occasionally, as well as do all of the study and
intellectual rigour bit.



It was great. I took pictures of fungus and insects and berries and
trees and it's going to go very well with the other material I've
collected for this project. It's building up to something now, and once
I get my workflow for college settled in I think I'll be in a good
position to develop things further.



For now, I think I'll just enjoy the collected imagery and let it
sink in a bit. Plenty of time later to turn these collected pictures
into artwork, although many of them are visually interesting in their
own right, they're only part of the work.



No comments:

Post a Comment